THIS IS A JOB ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY. PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE LINK PROVIDED BELOW.
This position is designed to offer a trainee or entry level opportunity in the Contract Monitoring Division (CMD). The position provides an introduction to the career of a Contract Compliance Officer while allowing incumbents to learn about the City’s Chapter 14B Local Business Enterprise Ordinance. Under general supervision, the CMD Contract Compliance Intern will provide support to Contract Compliance Officers in implementing the San Francisco Administrative Code Chapter 14B Local Business Enterprise (LBE) and Non-Discrimination in Contracting Ordinance. Along with a Contract Compliance Officer, the Intern will assist with administering effective and timely compliance to Chapter 14B and perform related duties as required.
Interns will be reporting to various locations depending on assignment:
Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with coursework in industrial relations, the social sciences or related field.
1. Under supervision, work with department personnel in the development of Bid Requests and Request for Proposals (RFPs), and review corresponding processes to ensure compliance with the City’s subcontracting/sub consulting requirements.
2. Under supervision, review project information and statistical data and develop project specific subcontracting/sub consulting requirements.
3. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings; explain the practices and policies associated with the City’s Chapter 14B Ordinance, such as the review and monitoring of bid/proposal documents. Arrange meetings and conferences for pre-bid and pre-award consideration of contract provisions.
4. Along with a Contract Compliance Officer, conduct physical on-site inspection of City contractors/consultants as part of CMD’s monitoring of LBE subcontracting participation.
5. Check for indications of non-compliance, (e.g., violation of the City’s subcontracting requirement) and report any findings to a Contract Compliance Officer to support CMD’s investigation of non-compliance matters.
6. Under instruction, interpret and apply laws, rules, and regulations related to the San Francisco Administrative Code Chapter 14B LBE and Non-Discrimination in Contracting Ordinance.
7. Under general supervision, prepare Chapter 14B contract correspondence and materials, including but not limited to memoranda, forms, and reports related to contract compliance activities. Compile and analyze data and practice accurate record keeping.
8. Provide technical assistance to, educate, explain, promote, and or/respond to questions to interested parties, including but not limited to proposers, bidders, contractors, City personnel, and other stakeholders.
Application Deadline: Monday, November 12, 2018, 5:00 P.M.